Greeley Truck Accident Attorney
When you get behind the wheel of your vehicle, you should never have to worry about being involved in an accident with a large commercial truck. However, these incidents do occur, and they can lead to severe injuries. At Cannon Law, we are here if you need a Greeley truck accident attorney. Our team will investigate every aspect of your claim so we can secure full compensation for your losses. We are not afraid to stand up against well-funded trucking companies or insurance carriers.
Choose Cannon Law for your case
In the aftermath of sustaining a severe truck accident injury, you need an attorney with the resources necessary to stand up to these companies. Cannon Law is ready to help.
- We work with other lawyers, doctors, and expert witnesses when our clients are injured in serious truck accidents because we want to ensure they are properly cared for.
- You can count on your attorney communicating with you every step of the way throughout your entire case so that you understand the steps we are taking.
- We take Greeley truck accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients pay no legal fees until after we secure the compensation they need for their case.
What will an attorney do for a truck accident case?
Unfortunately, truck accidents often put victims up against a well-funded trucking company and their insurance carriers. However, a skilled truck accident lawyer in Weld County will have the resources necessary to conduct a full investigation and obtain all evidence needed to prove liability. They will gather any available video and photo surveillance, eyewitness statements, electronic “black box” data, and accident reports.
Working with trusted medical professionals and accident reconstruction experts, a truck accident lawyer will vigorously negotiate with all parties involved to obtain a fair settlement for their client.
Greeley truck accident injuries and statistics
Large commercial trucks are a common sight in and around the Weld County area. While these vehicles are usually safe, there are times when accidents do occur. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) says that regulations allow for these vehicles to weigh as much as 80,000 pounds when fully loaded with cargo. It should come as no surprise that serious injuries can occur when a truck crashes into a traditional passenger vehicle.
During the latest reporting year of data, the FMCSA states that there were approximately 148,000 total injuries and over 4,700 fatalities caused by large trucks in the US. At Cannon Law, our Greeley truck accident lawyers regularly help clients who have sustained the following injuries in these incidents:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord trauma with paralysis
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Amputation or crush injuries
- Internal bleeding or internal organ damage
- Significant disfigurement or scarring
- Severe emotional and psychological trauma
How much compensation is available for this case?
There may be various types of compensation available to victims who have been injured due to the negligent actions of a truck driver or trucking company. Every case is different, and there is no set amount awarded after a truck accident in Greeley. However, the team at Cannon Law regularly helps victims recover the following:
- Compensation for all medical expenses
- Lost wages if a victim cannot work
- General household expenses
- Recovery of property damage losses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against the truck driver or trucking company
If you need a Greeley truck accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 970-471-7170.