Denver Uber & Lyft Accident Attorney
Rideshare services such as Uber and Lyft have become household names in and around the Denver area. However, there are times when accidents involving rideshare vehicles occur, and this can leave the victims wondering how to secure compensation for their losses. At Cannon Law, our Denver Uber and Lyft accident attorneys have experience handling these cases and will work diligently to secure compensation if you have been harmed.
Why choose Cannon Law?
In the aftermath of a crash with any commercial vehicle, including Uber and Lyft vehicles, you need an attorney with vast personal injury experience. Cannon Law is ready to help.
- We maintain a small caseload so that we can give every client individualized attention as we work to investigate their case and secure compensation.
- Our clients can count on having access to their attorney every step of the way so that they always understand the status of their case and the steps we are taking.
- We take all Denver Uber and Lyft accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients will not pay any legal fees until we secure a favorable settlement or verdict on their behalf.
How will an attorney help your case?
Uber and Lyft accidents in Denver often result in injured victims going up against aggressive insurance carriers. A skilled Denver car accident attorney will have the resources necessary to:
- Obtain all evidence necessary to prove liability
- Work with trusted medical professionals to evaluate their injured client
- Negotiate with every party involved to obtain maximum compensation
Liability in a Denver Uber or Lyft accident
While there are no solid statistics from the Colorado Department of Transportation related to rideshare accidents, we know that these incidents occur in and around Denver County on a regular basis. The problem with these incidents often revolves around which insurance carrier will be responsible for injury and property damage expenses. Insurance for rideshare drivers works on a sort of tiered system:
- If a rideshare driver is not signed into the “app” to work and they are on their personal time when they cause an accident, then their own insurance carrier will be responsible for any damages.
- If a rideshare driver is signed into the “app” to work, but they do not yet have a passenger when they cause an accident, then their personal insurance carrier is still primarily responsible for the incident. Uber and Lyft will provide limited coverage in these situations, but only if the personal carrier denies a claim or if coverage limits are exhausted.
- If a rideshare driver has a passenger or is on the way to pick one up when an accident occurs, both Uber and Lyft have a $1 million liability insurance policy that is supposed to cover everybody involved in the incident.
Types of compensation available
If you or somebody you love has been injured in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle, there may be various types of compensation available for your claim. At Cannon Law, we will thoroughly investigate your case in order to secure the following:
- Coverage of your medical bills related to the crash
- Any lost wages or benefits if you cannot work
- Recovery of property damage if necessary
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
When you need a Denver Uber and Lyft accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 970-471-7170.