Top Five Reasons to Hire a Lawyer
If you’re considering hiring a Fort Collins personal injury lawyer, contact Cannon Law. We practice personal injury, employment, business, and other areas of law. If you would like to discuss your case with one of lawyers, give us a call today.
If you’ve never worked with a Fort Collins, CO lawyer, you might not be familiar with the many benefits of having a legal representative by your side. Here are the top ten reasons why you may want to consider hiring a lawyer from Cannon Law:
- A lawyer understands Colorado and federal laws, which can be complicated. Even lawyers hire lawyers to represent them. Litigation can be challenging and emotional. An objective lawyer in Fort Collins, CO from Cannon Law can see the big picture as well as realize all the finer details of the law. Protect yourself to the full extent of the law by hiring a professional lawyer.
- A lawyer is a good investment. A lawyer Fort Collins, CO residents recommend to you may be able to collect damages on your behalf after an accident. Without that settlement or lawsuit award you will likely have to pay medical fees out of your own pocket. A lawyer from Cannon Law may minimize the risk that your company makes an unsound decision that could be costly.
- A lawyer may suppress or challenge evidence against you that was unfairly obtained. At Cannon Law, you’ll find a lawyer Fort Collins, CO residents trust to look after their legal rights. We work hard to make sure our clients are not taken advantage of or treated unfairly.
- A lawyer understands the process of how, when, where, and why to file the appropriate documents for legal cases. The law often runs on deadlines and missing one can be disastrous. Rarely does a non-lawyer know the ins and outs of legal documentation. Simply submitting the correct documents on time but to the wrong department in the same building can destroy even the strongest of cases.
- A lawyer has access to a team of expert witnesses, private detectives, and others who may help your case. More often than not, winning a case comes down to preparation and making a solid argument for why you are right. This is true even in settlement negotiations. If the negligent party sees that you have a strong team behind you, they are more likely to come to the negotiating table in good faith. Lawsuits are more likely to be won by the side that presents the strongest evidence that their client is in the right. Hiring a lawyer Fort Collins, CO community members rely on to help them can make all the difference.
Questions to Ask a Lawyer
During your initial consultation with a lawyer Fort Collins, CO residents trust, it may be important to ask questions about his or her experience and skills. This may let you determine if he or she is the right lawyer for you. Here are several questions you may want to ask a lawyer at the meeting:
- How long have you practiced as a lawyer? To get the best possible outcome with your case, it may be in your best interest to work with a lawyer in Fort Collins, CO who has many years of experience in the legal field. If he or she recently graduated from law school, he or she might not be the right lawyer to hire.
- How many cases have you handled similar to mine? Not all lawyers specialize in the same field. That is why it is essential to hire a lawyer who has handled similar cases to yours. For example, if you want to file a personal injury lawsuit, it is not a good idea to hire a lawyer who only has experience with divorce cases. A lawyer who has handled many personal injury cases in the past, on the other hand, is more likely to have extensive knowledge of personal injury law and experience with similar cases to yours.
- What are your fees? Before you hire a lawyer Fort Collins, CO locals respect, you have to make sure you can afford his or her services. During your initial meeting, find out about legal fees and how you will be required to pay.
- What is the likely outcome in my case? It is perfectly alright to ask a lawyer Fort Collins, CO residents rely on if you have a good chance of winning your case. For example, if you are facing criminal charges, you may want to know if you stand a chance of getting found not guilty. While a lawyer can’t make any promises, he or she may be able to tell you if your case is strong or not.
- What is your current caseload? It may be important to find out how many cases a Fort Collins lawyer is currently working on. If a lawyer has a heavy caseload, he or she might not have the time to give your case the attention it deserves. In this case, it may be a good idea to hire a lawyer who is less busy.
- How long will my case take to resolve? Dealing with a legal case can be quite stressful, so you are probably wondering how long your case will take to resolve. A lawyer Fort Collins, CO offers should be able to give you an estimate of how much time it will take for your case to be settled.
- Will anyone else be working on my case? It is likely that a lawyer Fort Collins, CO locals depend on will be part of a law firm with junior associates and paralegals. Find out if these individuals will be working on your case and at what capacity.
Call Us Today
The attorneys of Cannon Law offer a wide variety of services, from business law to personal injury law and many areas in between. Don’t leave your case to chance. We offer free initial consultations to help potential clients understand how we may be able to help them. You have nothing to lose by contacting us today to arrange a free case review with an experienced lawyer Fort Collins, CO provides.