Longmont Truck Accident Attorney
When you are on the roadways of Longmont or anywhere in Boulder County, the last thing you should have to worry about is being in an accident with a semi-truck. Unfortunately, these incidents do occur, and they can lead to devastating injuries. At Cannon Law, we are here to help if you need a Longmont truck accident attorney. We have extensive experience handling complex cases just like this, and we are ready to secure the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Cannon Law for Your Case?
- We maintain a small caseload so that we can give each and every client the personalized attention that they deserve for their case to be successful.
- We have extensive resources that we can bring to a Longmont truck accident case, and we regularly work with medical experts and accident reconstruction experts in these cases.
- We take all Longmont truck accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will not pay any legal fees until after we secure the compensation they deserve.
How Will an Attorney Help This Case?
Unfortunately, victims of truck accidents are often left going up against well-funded trucking companies and their insurance carriers. A skilled Longmont truck accident lawyer will have the resources necessary to:
- Obtain all evidence necessary to prove liability, including electronic logging data from the truck, possible video surveillance, photographic evidence, accident reports, and more.
- Ensure that their client is treated by a trusted medical professional who can assess the full extent of their injuries and total costs for the claim.
- Negotiate with all parties involved to reach a fair settlement on behalf of their client.
Truck Accidents Can Lead to Severe Injuries for Victims
According to data available from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), we can see that a fully loaded tractor-trailer can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds. Compare that to the average passenger vehicle that weighs only 4,000 pounds, and we can see why these incidents are often so devastating for victims inside passenger vehicles. At Cannon Law, our Longmont truck accident lawyers regularly help clients who have sustained the following in these incidents:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Severe open head wounds
- Spinal cord damage with possible paralysis
- Internal organ damage and internal bleeding
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Crush injuries and amputations
Victims of truck accidents often suffer from tremendous emotional and psychological damage in the aftermath of these incidents.
The FMCSA says that there were approximately 148,000 total injuries and more than 4,700 fatalities caused by large truck crashes in the US during the latest reporting year of data available.
How Much Compensation Is Available in These Cases?
If you or somebody you love has been injured in an accident caused by the negligent actions of a truck driver or trucking company, you may be entitled to significant compensation. While the total amount of compensation available in these cases will vary depending on the circumstances of each particular case, the team at Cannon Law regularly helps clients secure the following:
- Coverage of all medical bills related to the crash
- Any income lost if a victim cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the company or driver