Every personal injury lawyer has seen many claims denied by insurance companies for a long list of reasons. Whether your claim was denied, or you are concerned that it might be, you should know that you may have legal recourse. Call our firm today to learn more during a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer from our legal team. We are also available to help you file the initial claim and can make sure the documentation is complete and has a high likelihood of success. In the event you need legal advice, do not hesitate to contact a Fort Collins personal injury attorney to assist you.
Common Reasons for Why a Personal Injury Claim is Denied
As mentioned, there are many reasons for why an injury claim might be denied by the at-fault party’s insurance company. However, some are more common than others. Those include the following reasons for a claim denial:
- Their client was not responsible for your injury.
- Your injury was a pre-existing injury and did not occur during the accident.
- Your injury is not a valid injury, i.e., you are faking your injury or are exaggerating it.
- Your documentation of the injury and/or the accident is incomplete.
- You do not have supporting medical evidence or a diagnosis that confirms the validity of your injury and the likelihood you sustained it in the reported accident.
- The responding law enforcement officer’s police report does not support your version of events.
Re-submitting Your Injury Claim
If your claim was initially denied, a injury lawyer can re-submit it to the insurance company on your behalf. In the preparation of it, the initial reason for its denial will be considered and addressed. Depending on what is necessary and appropriate, the resubmitted claim may differ from the original claim in any of the following ways:
- Medical diagnosis by the insurance company’s approved physician after an examination of your injury. If you had not previously undergone a required medical exam, that can be cause for a claim denial.
- Medical diagnosis by a physician of our choosing after an examination of your injury. This may conflict with the diagnosis by the insurance company’s physician. If their doctor does not support your claim, this second diagnosis can contradict them and provide the medical proof you need.
- Documentation of the accident location by a forensic accident scene investigator who is part of our professional network. Your personal injury lawyer from our firm can include the investigator’s findings in addition to photographs and other evidence.
We Can Handle Your Injury Claim from Start to Finish
Our legal team has a thorough understanding of what is required to get a personal injury claim approved. If your claim was denied, or if you would like us to handle your claim from start to finish, we can increase the likelihood that your claim will be approved as soon as possible. Call us today to request a free consultation with an accident lawyer in Fort Collins who can help you get the maximum possible compensation and in a timely manner.